Monday 11 March 2013

4th March 2013


This week, I decided to cancel my membership to one of the well known budget fitness facilities and instead direct my £16 per month to Active Luton, who manage the gym and track at Stockwood Park. Yes, £16 per month for 8 lanes of synthetic track, a lifting platform and 4 Olympic sized bars! If you doubt that is good value for money then you must be from Luton because in my first week there I have seen only a handful of people training!

The schedule below outlines the third week in a row of near full training. I can't remember the last time I have managed such a feat. Just like I can't remember the last time 3 weeks passed without feeling unwell or being snowed in. Speaking of illness, I seemed to have avoided the worst of the latest virus imported to the household from Naomi's nursery, unlike coach wife. The most likely reason is that this is a strain of something I have suffered from previously. However, I couldn't say my new found robustness had nothing to do with the re-introduction of a Vitamin D supplement to my diet. Vitamin D is mainly associated with bone health and muscle function but it does play a role in immunity...
 
 
If I had had insufficient levels of Vitamin D before starting the supplements, then I am certain I wouldn't have been the only person in the UK to suffer. Not least because the production of vitamin D in the skin relies on exposure to the sun, and anyone who has lived in the UK for the last 18 months has probably had very little exposure to, if at all seen the sun!
 
Perhaps those branded supplements are paying me back already!
 
Monday: AM - S&C; PM - 30' easy
Tuesday: Midday - 10' easy 2 x 10’ Kenyan Hills 10' easy
Wednesday: AM - S&C; PM - 53' easy
Thursday: AM: 20' cycle; PM: TRACK: 4 x 600m (5' recovery) (all approx 2' +/- 2'')
Friday: AM: S&C; PM: Rest
Saturday: 4 x (approx) 1 Mile (on road) (between 4'58'' and 5'05'')
Sunday: 61' easy
 
SC:
Front Squat 3 x 5 (70kg)
Single SL Dead Lift 3 x 5 (70kg)
Bent Over Row 3 x 5 (60kg)
Press Up (with resistance band) 3 x 6
Candlestick 2 x 3
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment